One of Oregon Wine Country’s newest hotels already making a huge impression
Situated in Downtown McMinnville in the heart of Oregon’s wine country, Atticus Hotel welcomes guests with welcoming amenities like fireplaces in each room, locally sourced teas and coffees, king size beds and lots of local art on the walls. From this base, guests have more than 200 area wineries and tasting rooms to explore.
What’s better than a quick day trip into wine country for a tasting or two? A full-fledged wine country getaway! These hotels provide a perfect place to relax over a glass of wine after a day of touring and tasting in wine regions around the country.
The top 10 winners in the Best Wine Country Hotel category are as follows:
- Atticus Hotel – McMinnville, Ore.
- Hotel Walloon – Walloon Lake, Mich.
- Belhurst Castle – Geneva, N.Y.
- Boar’s Head Resort – Charlottesville, Va.
- Calistoga Ranch – Calistoga, Calif.
- The 1804 Inn – Barboursville, Va.
- Hotel Healdsburg – Healdsburg, Calif.
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa – Sonoma, Calif.
- Vintners Inn – Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Farmhouse Inn – Forestville, Calif.
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Jill Barth, a Provence Wine Master; Shana Clarke, Wine Editor for inside.com and contributor to Eat Sip Trip; Karen MacNeil, one of the foremost wine experts in the U.S.; and June Rodil, a Master Sommelier were chosen for their knowledge of wine and the American wine scene.
Congratulations to all these winning hotels!